Sunday, March 23, 2014

Doll Carrier

18-inch doll carrier by nest full of eggs
 Another item to cross off my list for the Little Things to Sew: Cover to Cover Challenge which is going on right now over at Bartacks and Singletack until August 31st, 2014.

This doll carrier is such a great little sewing project, the results are wonderful. I really don't know why I didn't sew this one up sooner. I think this is my 2nd favorite project from the book (after the art smock). It is the perfect size for an 18-inch doll.

18-inch doll carrier by nest full of eggs
Project details
Pattern: Bear Carrier (difficulty level 2 out of 4 scissors) from the Little Things to Sew book
Fits: stuffed animals or dolls 9 - 18 inches tall (can be worn by children aged 3 - 8)
Fabrics: light pink twill, straps in beige twill, in place of quilting batting I used white fleece
Notions: 2 buttons, Velcro

Note to self: the items I have completed so far from the book: tutu, mittens, 4 art smocks (1, 2, 3&4), and 2 tea party doll dresses.